A Career with Amstar
If you have an excellent academic background, a demonstrated history of solid achievements, and enjoy rewarding work in a collegial atmosphere, we invite you to consider a career with Amstar.
Work with the Best
Our culture is professional, entrepreneurial and team-oriented. We value integrity, confidence, initiative and focus. Our people are highly motivated and work collaboratively to produce exceptional results.
What We are Looking For
Amstar seeks outstanding individuals interested in challenging themselves over a broad range of real estate-related investment projects.
Real Estate Professionals
- We look for a combination of investment skills for positions ranging from entry level analysts to executive level real estate investment professionals who have experience in real estate acquisition, development and asset management.
- Information Technology
- Investor Relations
- Risk Management
Joining Our Team
To apply for a posted position, please submit a resume with cover letter by mail to P. Ranum, Amstar Group LLC, 1200 17th Street, Suite 2050, Denver, CO 80202 or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Openings
We are seeking a high performance team player that is passionate about commercial real estate investing and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, The Associate is an integral member of Amstar’s investment team involved in all phases of the real estate investment process, including acquisitions, development, asset management and dispositions in various U.S. and select international markets.
- Evaluate new acquisitions and development opportunities and help senior management oversee the underwriting process. Perform appropriate analysis and research from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective and communicate drivers of risk and return.
- Work closely with internal staff, partners, brokers, developers, attorneys and other industry contacts to fully understand and underwrite acquisition and development opportunities.
- Working with senior investment team leaders, assist in the organization and negotiation of legal documentation with joint venture and development partners, lenders, sellers and third-party vendors.
- Prepare and maintain annual business plans, quarterly reports, budgets and life-of-the-deal underwriting for assets under management.
- Hands-on, proactive asset management for responsible investments, including oversight and daily interaction with joint venture partners, leasing brokers, lenders, general contractors, property managers, and other key third parties as well as close monitoring of operating performance.
- Preparation of market analysis and research to assist with investment selection, investor reporting, and asset management strategies.
- Assist with mentorship and direct training of analysts and senior analysts.
- Provide oversight and maintain responsibility and accountability for financial analyses and other data produced by analysts and senior analysts.
- Occasional travel, including international, may be required.
- Four-year degree with exceptional academic performance required, preferably in real estate, finance, business, or economics.
- Minimum of three years of relevant practical experience. Real estate experience preferred; investment banking and private equity backgrounds will be considered.
- Advanced skills in financial investment analysis and modeling using Argus and Microsoft Excel as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quality working relationships that benefit the firm. A team player that motivates peers and helps build cohesive and productive teams.